What to expect at your first visit:
- We’ll have you complete a medical and dental questionaire and sign a document as required by the PIPEDA act.
- Take two complementary radiograph images of minimal X-ray dosage.
- Each patient will discuss their habits pertaining to oral health and expectations as well as desires for treatment with the Treatment Coordinator.
- Dr. Miles will conduct an exam and discuss possible treatment options.
- If the patient is ready to proceed that day, we’ve set aside sufficient time to start treatment. This is done by completing the collection of initial orthodontic records, which include facial and intra-oral photographs, impressions of upper and lower teeth, wax bite records and possibly supplemental X-rays.
- If the patient is not ready to proceed at this time, we’ll keep their information and records until a later date.
- The Treatment Coordinator will provide information regarding the risks and complications of treatment, and answer any questions you might have as well as the fees for the proposed services. She’ll explain our financial policies and payment plans, and schedule any further appointments.